08 Jul Understanding Islam As Part of the Whole – July 10, 2016
July Theme is: Wholeness
Guest Speaker: Muna AlSheikh
- At the heart of all the world’s religions is love, caring, and respect for our fellow human being.
- I affirm acceptance and empathy for all those who are different than me.
- I create my humanity through education, open-mindedness, good deeds, acceptance of others and healing my own traumas.
- I recognize that our religions, cultural norms and ethnicity are just a few measures of how good we can be.
- I have a human and moral obligation to respect and love everyone equally.
- Everyone has the right to find meaning and purpose in their own spiritual beliefs.
- There are many paths to truth and each path is equally valid if it leads to love.